Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using our guest wi-fi service.
Information about us
The wi-fi is operated by the BNJC (we). We are a registered charity located at 29-31 New Church Road, Hove BN3 1AD
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our wi-fi
We may update our wi-fi from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our wi-fi may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our wi-fi, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our wi-fi
Our wi-fi is made available free of charge. We don’t guarantee that our wi-fi, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted.
Access to wi-fi is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue, or change all or any part of our wi-fi without notice.
We will not be liable to you if for any reason our wi-fi is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our wi-fi.
No reliance on information
The content on our wi-fi is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our wi-fi.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our wi-fi, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our wi-fi is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our wi-fi or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our wi-fi; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our wi-fi
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue
- business interruption
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our wi-fi for domestic and private use.
You agree not to use our wi-fi for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our wi-fi or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our wi-fi. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We do not guarantee that our wi-fi will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our wi-fi. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our wi-fi by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our wi-fi, the server on which our wi-fi is managed or any server, computer or database connected to our wi-fi.
You must not attack any site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our wi-fi will cease immediately.
Third-party links and resources
We have no control over the contents of any sites accessed through our wi-fi.
You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Acceptable use policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our wi-fi. This policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our wi-fi.
Your use of our wi-fi means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement the terms of our guest wi-fi service.
You may use our wi-fi only for lawful purposes. You may not use our wi-fi:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards as stated below
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware
You also agree:
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any equipment or network on which our wi-fi is managed; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
Suspension and termination
We will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our wi-fi. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our wi-fi
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our wi-fi
- issue of a warning to you
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- further legal action against you
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary
- we exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page.
You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our wi-fi.